Talked with Dr. Levitt. They have decided to take her off of her TPN & Lipids as she is not really interested in the offer to have clear liquids today. They will pull the "food line" tonight and hope that she will be more interested in jello, juice and water. The x-ray will be repeated in the morning. I got the impression that Dr. Levitt and Pena are both thinking that it will be liquids again tomorrow based on today's x-ray. We will start foods when the x-ray is clear and there is no distention. The plan is that we will stay in the hospital a few days after she starts eating but that he does not want us to leave town until next week - mid to end of the week. It is frustrating as we are stir crazy but Jed and I both agree that leaving before she is ready would be crazy.
Talked a little about what the next few weeks and months will look like for Madison as we try to get to the end of this journey. I will post all of those detail when I have a second. Please continue to pray these next few days as some big milestones will need to happen in order to determine what course we will take from here. I will fill you in on all the details soon.
Pray on for this sweet girl!