Thursday, August 21, 2008

pray for my little sister.....

Lauren, Danielle and me at the baby shower last Sunday.


my sister Danielle is 33 weeks pregnant. She has struggled her whole life with hemagiomas, tumors that form in your blood vessels. Danielle has been under special care since her pregnancy began. Last night she started having allot of pain and was having some involuntary eye twitching. After seeing her doctor today they have decided to admit her to the hospital. She will be having scans done in the morning to see how everything looks and then decisions on how to move forward will be made. Please pray for Danielle and Ted these next 24 hours as I am sure they are anxious about what the scans will show.


Danielle's doctor told her that a baby born at 33 weeks would do fine..... not something I would wish on anyone though. It brings me right back to the days with Maddie as a preemie.


We love you Danielle and Ted and are praying for you!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Danielle is definitely in my prayers! I don't remember how early Madison was, but Hannah, my oldest, was born at 34 weeks. She had to be in the NICU for 2 1/2 weeks due to not having her sucking reflex, although everything else was healthy. They took such good care of her, but like you said, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It was so hard on me to be away from my baby, but God was faithful through it all. : ) Danielle, Todd and their little one are in my prayers. Thanks for blogging this information. : ) Did you parents already leave for Ireland or are they still in town?

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki,

I hadn't checked your blog in awhile so it was good to get all the updates. When you were telling about your morning routine, I could just picture the whole thing.
I DO know that BUNK NIKKI is not a morning person! :-)
I'm pretty up-to-date on Danielle through Val but thanks for the most recent news.
Praises too for Maddie's "success".
We're heading off to Don and Jody's Phoenix home for a couple of days of R & R. Jody sent the keys.
We plan to spend a lot of time in prayer and will most certainly be remembering these requests.

Love you,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki~
We just now got the message about Danielle - Lynne was reading her emails and told me that one was about Danielle. Dad does not know as of yet as he is fishing with Ray at the Irish Sea. He should be home anytime. I sure am praying that everything checks out alright esp with us here in Ireland! When we made the reservations, we made them this far ahead of her due date intentionally. =) I am so thankful that she has such a good team of Dr's that are looking after her!
And the Heavenly Physician that knows all about this already -
Love you~
Mom

Kori said...

Just an update...Just got off the phone with Danielle and she has been discharged to go home! Her scans were "beautiful" and she has a followup on Monday with her OB! Thanks for all your prayers!