Friday, July 18, 2008

good news, bad news.

Last night we went to bed at about 9. Madison was exhausted and had no problems falling asleep. We had a tiny bit of stool right before bed but nothing to impressive.

At about 2AM Madison woke me up and said that she was hot. I went over to help her get some water and she was burning up and I could feel that her heart was racing. Her heart rate was about 170, but her fever was only 101....she felt much hotter. They did not give her anything because they wanted to make sure that she was not working on spiking a serious fever. She did fall back asleep but was restless all night. Her heart rate stayed pretty high but she never got a higher fever.

At 6AM she woke me up and she was crying that her belly hurt and she needed to go potty. YEAH... what a great sign that she felt the urge to poo!!! I got her on the potty and she had great success but was miserable and crying that her tummy "hurt so bad". We were thinking that maybe she was just experiencing some pain from the "guts" starting back up. She continued to cry about being hot and her tummy until she drifted off to sleep about 8. At 9 they took her for x-ray and I could tell that she was just miserable. She stared throwing up when we got down to radiology and was shaking like a leaf.

She is in bed now....we are waiting for the x-ray results. I am confident that she will be empty. I am just praying that there is no other problem going on internally. They are saying that we will need to start IV fluids again her in the next hour if she does not turn the corner. Obviously she does not want food...... so here we sit..... waiting and hoping. Poor baby, I just want her to be all done with the yuckiness!

I am sooooo thankful that she went potty on her own to day and that she had the sensation. Something that we did not know would even be possible. I think that is a great sign for her recovery in the next few months. We will try to lower laxative dosages as we continue to have success to see if we get the same results with no meds.

On a funny note: Jed stayed at the RMH last night. This morning I called him at about 8 to let him know that it had been a rough night and that she was not feeling well. He said that he would need to call me back because the firemen had just knocked on his door... I could hear commission in the background. Turns out that this morning the neighborhood lost power. I heard the fan in our room stop for a nanosecond before the generator came on so I was not aware of the situation. Jed woke up when the power went off at RMH and decided that he would just take a shower in the dark so that he could get over here. He left the bathroom door open to try and get some light from outside. Well..... the steam from the shower triggered the fire alarms for the whole house. So there he is in the shower, no lights, fire alarm blaring, knocks on the door. The whole house was in a tissy. They said that they think it had more to do with a wiring issue then steam. the were so apologetic. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Rebecca Kimpel I didn't know that poor little Maddie had surgery.Well i wish you guys the best and i hope that u will be blessed by jesus.I know that he will make ur day worth while.


Yours Truly,
Rebecca Kimpel. love you!