Friday, July 18, 2008

tick, tick, tick



just waiting for answers. we did a blood, stool and urine sample. they have moved her to isolation status until we get it all figured out. Talked with Dr. Pena. He is thinking that it could be something with bacteria levels in her colon. They have put her back on a clear liquid diet only again. Her fever is down with the Tylenol. Hopefully it will stay that way. She is sittng in bed painting right now, a huge improvement from earlier.


Please continue to pray. I am exhausted today. I think that the adrenaline is down and the body could not handle one more big turn of events. Mentally I was thinking we were done with the hard stuff. I am heading to the RMH to try and sleep for a few hours.

2 comments:

BQ + DQ said...

Smith Family,

Every time I read a new post my eyes well up with tears till I can't see the page. I see grown-up adults go through these things and how they handle it. I cannot imagine Maddie going through this. What a blessing that you both can be beside her every step of the way!

It's awesome that you can use this trial to help other people. Maddie will have such a great story for the rest of her life to help other people in their tough times!

Brandy

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki, I just can't believe what all of you are going through.....I so wish there was something I could do, but I know Maddie is in the best of hands and just know I'm here for you guys if you need anything.
Love,
Pam