Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Farewell Megacolon, Farewell !!


Finally was able to get the pic of the colon that was so impressive on the computer to share with you all. This is the contrast enema that was done here at Cincinnati Children's Hospital when we first visited. It is the first picture that made Jed and I have the "ahh ha moment" as to why this sweet little girl has so many issues. The lower part that is all lit up is what will be removed. Dr. Levitt said that it is probably 70% of the width of her body when impacted.


I asked the Dr.s if I can see her colon when it is out and they agreed to take pics of it for me....may seem crazy but I would love to see this "thing" that has caused my child so much agony!


Lights out... its gonna be a big day tomorrow!


Pray on friends, pray on!

1 comment:

Sally said...

I pray that everything goes well this morning! May God give you patience and calmness. We love you guys. We love you Maddie. Gabby sends her love, she was in tears cause she could not give you a hug. Thanks for the updates.